STEM Campaign: NCH Europe
STOP PRESS: In July 2017, this campaign won a Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) Midlands DARE awards for the Best Trade and B2B campaign.
Europe provides products to clean and conserve water, save energy and
maintenance solutions to sectors from food
processing to oil and gas. Present in 25 European countries, it employs over 2,500 people.
However, for the last 18 years it has been loss making and
failed to post positive growth.
It has acquired multiple businesses in that time but its products and divisions initially retained the branding of the acquired firms, meaning there was no unified NCH Europe brand.
- Help return NCH Europe to profit and growth by May 2017, the end of its financial year
- Create brand awareness of NCH Europe and its unique products, by increasing web traffic by 50% and generating 193 clippings, between June 2016 and May 2017
- Build brand presence in relevant trade media across Europe and the UK — targeting one clipping per £200 of PR spend in 13 countries between June 2016 and May 2017
- Launch a thought leading magazine and online resource by January 2017
- Reinforce the unified brand message internally by improving the marketing conference in November 2016
- Generated high level direct sales enquiries across Europe, including one contract in France at $100k — NCH estimates total sales following the campaign to be more than £1M
- NCH Europe made a profit in this financial year — the first time in 18 years
- Doubled website traffic
- Generated 421 clippings, including 138 inbound links, across the UK and Europe
- Total readership: 30,047,732
- One clipping for every £92 spent on PR (target exceeded by 118%)
- Launched quarterly Re:Solution digital magazine in January 2017: over 17,300 individuals have subscribed already
- Planned an international marketing conference for regional marketing heads of NCH for November 2017
Want to find out how we achieved this?
Meet the team
Stone Junction is managed by Richard Stone, whose previous experience includes PR campaigns for Arup, AIT Plc, CIENA, Parker Hannifin, Schneider Electric, SIG, SKF, Roche and WorldCom. Well over a decade in technical and technology PR has taught him that he is only just starting out. He is a very slightly geeky father of two who lives in Stafford with his long suffering wife, aforementioned children, dog and cat.
“GAMBICA has had a long and very successful relationship with Stone Junction. They helped us lead a campaign to raise government awareness of the National Physical laboratory and arrange a successful House of Commons breakfast briefing,” Dr Graeme Philp, Chairman of GAMBICA.More testimonials